July Herb immersion + deepenings
Our five day immersion will be held in July at Stroud Slad Farm, based in a 24 foot Yurt in the stunning Slad valley and set in the 140 acres of Stroud Slad Farm where our healing herb garden is based.
The class will run from Tuesday to Sunday, with Tuesday evening to arrive and ground yourself on the farm. The course is fully residential with camping and food included. Camping can be either near the Yurt, or for those keen to dive deeper, in the farm’s quiet Beech woodland where you could set up a hammock/Bivvy/small tent.
This will differ from the Introduction classes in that we will presume a certain level of experience and commitment to weave this work into your life. The immersive nature means that it is possible to go deeper on our individual journeys.
In these immersions we assume a base line level of skill and ability to work with your own process, since we will be diving straight into the plants and journeying deeply in these landscapes. Whilst there will be plenty of guidance and teaching, we will presume some knowledge and experience with some of the *key skillsets* we work with at the school.
These immersions can be taken either as a follow on from the Introduction class or, if you have some prior experience of healing/journeying/innerwork/herbs + have done several sessions with a gradute (or in some cases as a case study for a student).
The content will be similar to the Foundation year, with a rich blend of plant meetings, bodywork and journeying whereby we both strengthen our ability to connect to plant consciousness and ground the experience in our bodies. For me this integration of spiritual and physical is absolutely core to my work since I believe that experiences in the realm of pure consciousness have far more value when we can properly integrate them into our lives.
I will be co-facilitating the immersion with one of the apprentices on the 3-4 year programme.
For information on dates and financial exchange click here.
This course is ideal for people already exploring or working in healing/shamanism/psychotherapy etc. and are looking to develop their skills to be able to share with others. Examples would be:
– Existing pratitioner (e.g. acupunturist / therapist) wanting to explore how working with plant consciousness can enrich their work
– Someone commited to but just starting out in their training as a healer/therapist and wanting plants to be part of the process
– Those who have done the Introduction class and want to keep exploring
– Herbalist trained in medical model wanting to develop the more intuitive and spiritual aspects of their practice
– Bodyworkers interested in deepening their subtle-listening skills and understanding how this can relate to plant consciousness.
– Educators / teachers / facilitators who would like to understand plants better themselves so as to be able to introduce and facilitate deeper plant meetings with their students
We’re happy to issue CPD certificates if this work fits with your professional requirements.
From 2024 we are offering a couple more chances for those who have done some work with the school (either an Intro or a series of sessions with a graduate) to come to 2-4 day stand alone classes to rekindle their connection and deepen their plant relationships.